Monday, February 25, 2008

vale, venga, vamos.

I'm back. The day before I left Spain, it was 75 degrees and I was walking on the beach in San Sebastian:





Suffice it to say, returning to New York has not been easy.

Here are the top five highlights of my trip, in no particular order:

1. Finding, and eating, thali in London.
2. The Richard Serra exhibit at the Guggenheim in Bilbao.
3. Doing absolutely nothing my first day in Madrid.
4. The tortilla bocadillo I ate in San Sebastian. (Death by carbohydrates.)
5. Watching Alex explain what a mojito is to a bartender in London.

All in all, I saw lots of cool stuff and I ate lots of good food. What more could I ask for?

I also turned 23 on Thursday. If my life works out according to plan, I should be turning 24 in India. Go me.

2 comments:

Alex said...

There was a PICTURE of a mojito on the menu. It is probably a good policy to OFFER the drinks you have PICTURED on the menu.
Cute Bartender No. 2 seemed to understand and sympathize.

Julia said...

I know, I know, but it was still entertaining. (And that Bartender No. 2, so cute!)