Monday, July 28, 2008

beached.

I was at the beach this weekend, with a few friends (and friends of friends) from high school. It was great.

We stayed in a cabin:


We did yoga on the beach:


And we cooked with fire:


I ended up with various ailments, however: a dozen mosquito bites, a sunburn in unfortunate places, and semi-permanent black lines on my feet. (Rubber flip-flops + insect repellent = mysterious chemical reaction.) I also got my ass kicked by a wave and, in addition to swallowing a gallon of salt water and nearly ending up topless, I got raked over a bunch of shells and now have a moderately-sized, moderately-painful abrasion down my back. My jeans also smell like a campfire.

All in all, a very satisfying trip to the beach.

2 comments:

JV said...

It sounds like boot camp- did you loose 50lbs? Cure an addiction? For all that pain, you must have gained!

Julia said...

Lose 50 lbs? More like I gained 15 lbs! (Remember the cookie dough?)