Monday, January 24, 2022

the little things

 I took last Friday off because I had to work on Monday (which was supposed to be a holiday.) I totally wasted the day by going window shopping, seeing a movie, and driving 30 mins away to get pho. I was sort of miffed with myself for wasting the whole day, but then I realized that I hadn't had good pho since we left DC, three years ago, and I hadn't seen a movie for 2 years, since the pandemic started. (The shopping was still a waste of time.) 

The movie I saw was Licorice Pizza, which was fun. Paul Thomas Anderson movies used to make me vaguely angry because they are weird and slow, but I guess I enjoy that sort of thing more now. (Phantom Thread is one of my favorite films.) 

Anyway, I thought I wasted the day but then I realized how happy I am that movie theaters are open again and daycare is reliable (for the moment) and I can go by myself on a Friday afternoon and sit in a dark room and eat reese's peanut butter cups and turn my phone off and watch a story on a giant screen. 

2 comments:

Emily Hale said...

That sounds amazing to me!

Julia said...

I recommend it!