Thursday, November 15, 2007

life is hard, #43

I’ve got this pair of shoes, and every time I wear them, it rains. They are not rain shoes, either. Sometimes it rains when I don’t wear them, but if I’m wearing them, it always rains. I wore them today, and of course, it rained. Last time I wore them, I had to wait for a bus, for forty minutes, in the pouring rain. Today I only had to walk to Chinatown for lunch, but it was still unpleasant.

The shoes aren’t entirely to blame, though. The weather report told me it was going to rain, and I wore them anyway. So maybe the conclusion should be that I’m dumb? I prefer to blame the shoes. Evil, evil rain shoes.

Anyone who loves the West Wing as much as I do will remember President Bartlet's lucky tie - the one that gets ruined right before the debates, and when he keeps moaning about it Abbey cuts the tie he's wearing in half right before he has to go on stage, and then Josh gives him the one he's wearing, and everything works out in the end. Remember that? Even if you don't, trust me, it was good. Anyway, I don't have a lucky tie, or lucky shoes or a lucky sweater. Not even a lucky pen, to cling to when times get rough. Instead, I have shoes that make it rain.

Ugh.

Life is hard.

No comments: