Thursday, February 24, 2011

there she ain't!

Four (true) scenarios:

1: I run into a friend in the hall. He says "there she is!" in response to my greeting.

2: A professor, upon entering a room in which I am the only person present says, "there she is!" in response to my greeting.

3: Another friend enters the grad student lounge. Despite the fact that there are four other women present, he says "there she is!" in response to my greeting.

4: Sitting at a table in the library, I see yet another friend approaching. I wave. And guess--just guess--what he says in response: "there she is!"

Very good, dudes. Here I goddamn am. What is with you all these days, anyway?

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I totally saw you today. I'm so glad that I didn't say that!

Julia said...

Ha, ha! Is "there she is!" something you say a lot, Lorraine? I can't picture it. I'm fairly convinced it's strictly a guy thing. Now I'm going to have to say it every time I run into you, though, just for kicks!