Thursday, April 15, 2010

distractions, unwelcome.

1. The entire seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer are now available for instant viewing on Netflix. Why have you DONE this to me, Neflix? WHY? Don't you know that I have FINALS to write?

2. My students have a paper due soon, and they seem to assume that if they talk to/e-mail me enough about it, I will agree to write it FOR them. Sorry, kids. (It turns out, though, that some of them really ARE listening when I speak, contrary to my previous assumption. This discovery is so immensely gratifying that I may begin to actually enjoy teaching because of it.)

3. I am obsessed with a particular song by Yeasayer. How could a song be distracting, you ask? Mostly it's because I want to listen to it ALL the time, but when I listen to it and try to do my reading, my brain fails to absorb things. My mind is weak and easily thwarted, it seems. Also: the video is quite possible the strangest I have ever seen. Why are hipsters from Brooklyn so entirely strange?

2 comments:

mds said...

I started Buffy again from the beginning. Can't stop watching. I am, in fact, watching right now.

Jennie said...

i have the same problem, but with greys anatomy, via ninjavideo. i know, it sounds stupid, but the quality of webstreams is pretty phenom these days, and that makes it hard to walk away :(